Spay & Neuter
Friends of Madera Animal Shelter Announce
Spay and Neuter Program
Be part of the SOLUTION to the pet overpopulation problem in Madera County by spaying or neutering your dogs and cats. This simple surgery will stop the hundreds of unwanted kittens and puppies from ending up at the shelter, abandoned, mistreated, and suffering. Sterilization surgery will also:
- Prevent behavior problems like marking, wandering, and fighting.
- Decrease the risk of disease and injury thus extending the life of your pet.
- Decrease the cost of licensing and veterinary costs.
Get your Low-Cost voucher by contacting:
- Friends of Madera Animal Shelter @ 14269 Road 28, Madera – 363-5106
- Eastern Madera County S.P.C.A @ 683-1266 (Mountain Area)
- PawSpa @ 665-6900 (Chowchilla)
The program for friendly dogs and cats will require a $20 co-pay for dogs and a $15 co-pay for cats to receive a voucher that will cover the cost of spay/neuter surgeries only. Pet owners will need to show proof of participation in Medi-Cal, SSI, Food Stamps or utility assistance (PGE Care program). Participants must show proof of Madera County residency.